|2019-08||PROCUREMENT||2/1/2019||3/1/2019 4:59 PM|
|#||Type||Date||Due Date||Time Remaining|
|Application Training||2/6/2019 2:00 PM|
|Deadline to Submit Questions||2/20/2019|
|Final Response to Q&A||2/22/2019|
|Application Deadline - Eastern time||3/1/2019 4:59 PM|
|Debriefing Period||3/25/2019 - 3/28/2019|
|Site Visit/Interview Period||4/3/2019 - 4/5/2019|
|Appeal Deadline||4/10/2019 5:59 PM|
|Appeal Meeting Period||4/15/2019 - 4/19/2019|
|Recommendations to Committee||5/9/2019|
|Recommendations to Board of Directors||5/20/2019|
- Trust Central - Modifying Application, Basic Navigation, Adding a User 2/1/2019
- Trust Central - How to Start an Application 2/1/2019
- Bidders' Video 2/5/2019
- Addendum 1 - Debriefing Dates new 3/14/2019
- Debriefing for Communications Vendor Pool new 3/15/2019
- If vendor location is not restricted and I am eligible to submit, would the application be exempt from an annual financial audit submission because of Communications Vendor Pool policies and my status as a sole proprietor (not a company/or with subcontractors) for graphic design services?
- Regarding the submission of an annual financial statement audit, as stated in our procurement policy, nonservice solicitations such as "research, evaluation, communications, information technology and professional development/capacity building" are exempted.
- I need to submit a help desk ticket. I can't seem to modify the title of my application. Can you tell me where to find access to the help desk on the application portal?
- Help desk access for technical support is only available by email. You may submit requests for technical support to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information is provided on the first page of the RFQ application under “Introduction.”
- Hi, I'm having problems accessing the application and ultimately the questions. I attended the session, and watched the video. I can't seem to get to where I need to go. I would appreciate someone helping me with the application. Thank you.
- This “Ask A Question” option addresses only substantive queries regarding the RFQ. For technical questions, we encourage you to watch not just the bidders’ video for this solicitation, but also the other two videos listed in the RESOURCES area of the main solicitation page that provide insight on basic system navigation and on how to start and complete an application. If you still require technical assistance, please direct those questions to email@example.com.
- Where can I find the "Proposal Description" section referred to in Staffing?
- “Proposal Description” refers to the first section of the RFQ (Qualifications and Expertise) that describes the service areas for which proposals are being accepted.
- I would like to apply for the Communications Vendor Pool as a sole proprietor for graphic design services. Is this RFQ restricted to vendors in Miami-Dade County? I live in Marion County/Ocala, FL.
- RFQ 2019-08 Communications Vendor Pool is not restricted to applicants in Miami-Dade County.
- Can one application be submitted for multiple service areas? For example, we would like to apply for Advertising Creative, Media Buying, Graphic Design, and Digital Media Marketing & Consulting. Will we have to submit four applications?
- If an applicant wishes to apply for consideration under multiple service areas, a separate application must be submitted for each of those service areas. Note: If submitting multiple applications, you have the ability to copy entire sections (Samples, Staffing, References, etc.) from any other application you’ve already filled in by selecting this option from the small menu on the upper right-hand corner of that section.
- What service area should be selected when responding to provide niche- and faith-based community outreach services?
- Niche- and faith-based community outreach services should be applied for under Public Relations.