RFP 2023-06 Finance and Accounting Software
|2023-06||PROCUREMENT||Active||8/1/2023 2:30 PM|
|#||Type||Status||Date||Due Date||Time Remaining|
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to enter into a contractual agreement with a qualified firm providing SaaS to implement, host, support, maintain and manage an accounting and financial management solution on a secure cloud infrastructure that includes, but is not limited to configuration; financial reporting; ad hoc reporting; analytics and business intelligence; integration; and government accounting software that meet or exceeds business requirements listed in this solicitation. Other related services may also be requested.
Debriefing Meeting (Round 1): April 17, 9:30 a.m - 11 a.m. EST - Location: The Ansin Building, 3250 SW 3rd Ave #305, Miami, FL 33129 (Main Stage CFE).
Respondents must answer all questions associated with this solicitation. To access the complete RFP, CLICK HERE. A copy is also available in the Resources section for this solicitation.
Applicants advancing to Round 2 are invited to provide a demonstration/presentation of their proposed solutions to The Children's Trust on May 8, 2023, between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. EST. Demonstrations will take place in the Training Room at The Children's Trust (3150 SW 3rd Avenue, 8th Floor, Miami, FL 33129). To access a copy of the Demonstration/Presentation Guide, click here (Please note that Addendum #1 for this solicitation was posted on Friday April, 28, 2023). Please click here to view a detailed schedule for the day. To access the Total Cost of Ownership document (which applicants must submit by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, April 28, 2023), click here.
Questions regarding this round of the solicitation review must be submitted via email to The Children's Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to questions submitted will be posted to the Q & A link no later than 48 business hours after receipt. Applicants are encouraged to visit the page frequently to review answers provided in response to questions received.
Based on the evaluation of submitted proposals/demonstrations, the Review Committee has recommended Netsuite for contract award. A negotiation meeting will be held at 1:00 p.m. on May 19, 2023 in Conference Room B at The Children's Trust (3150 SW 3rd Avenue, 8th Floor, Miami, FL 33129) and through teams virtual meeting.
NEW! Click here to view the award recommendation for RFP #2023-06.
|RELEASE||2/28/2023 8:30 AM|
|QADEADLINE||3/14/2023 5:00 PM|
|RECOMMENDATION||5/22/2023 4:00 PM|
|BOARD||6/12/2023 5:00 PM|
|APPDEADLINE||8/1/2023 2:30 PM|
- Non-Services Application Instructions 2/28/2023
- RFP Finance and Accounting Software 2/28/2023
- Warrants Attestation for Accounting Software RFP 2/28/2023
- Key Business Requirements - Finance and Accounting 2/21/2023
- Total Cost of Ownership - Finance 2/28/2023
- Service Learning Agreement 2/28/2023
- IT Core Contract 2023-24 2/28/2023
Q & A
- To help us come up with the most accurate pricing possible, can you please provide a breakdown of your organization’s user count by the following types of users: Full Use (can do anything and everything, subject to permissions): Employee User (mostly view only, but can create purchase requisitions and participate in most approvals): Project Manager (Employee User plus the ability to create/modify project or grant records): Operational User (for IT/developer type users):
- Please see below. Full use (can do anything and everything, subject to permissions) = Two Trust personnel have administrative rights, with audit trail capabilities Employee User (mostly view only, but can create purchase requisitions and participate in most approvals) = Fifteen Trust personnel can view all items. Of these fifteen personnel, six can create purchase requisitions (two of which can provide final finance approval on the requisition). Of these fifteen personnel, six can approve invoices to represent finance approval of the invoice (as opposed to the department approval i.e., the department that is purchasing an item/service). Additionally, a total of twenty department representative(s) also request and/or approve requisitions, as well as approve invoices, subject to the employee’s permissions. Please note viewing permissions may be different from finance personnel viewing permissions. The auditor also has limited viewing rights during a portion of the year. However, The Trust may increase the number of employee users (The Trust currently has approximately 80 employees), depending on the solution.Project Manager (Employee User plus the ability to create/modify project or grant records): The Trust is not clear as to what is meant by this specific question. Please note that The Trust is currently not utilizing a project/grant module. Please refer to other types of users identified in the response to this question.Operational User (for IT/developer type users): the number of users is determined by the SaaS vendor. Currently, there is an operational user i.e., the SaaS vendor, in both the test and live environment as well as operational users identified by the SaaS vendor for their third-party solution(s). There is no Trust operational vendor for the current solution as the software is managed by the SaaS vendor and the solution does not require a Trust operational user.
- For us to send in the Soc2 we need to have the NDA I attached in the application signed. We see a great fit here and look forward to your team signing that so we can follow your requests. Can you let me know when your team is ready to sign it and I will send it in Docusign?
- An attestation or letter stating that the audit was performed can be summited in lieu of the SOC 2 Type II document. We do not need the SOC2 to be uploaded.
- Hi All, Netsuite is excited about the opportunity to partner as The Children's Trust ERP. However, as I work to get access to the portal for the RFP response, it demands Netsuite's SOC2 Type II Audit to gain access to apply and respond to the RFP. In order to release this, we need to have the attached NDA signed and in place. I wasn't sure who to reach out to so I included James and William. If you want me to send it via docusign, and for Netsuite to be part of the evaluation, please let me know who to send it to and I will get a docusign over.
- An attestation or letter stating that the audit was performed can be summited in lieu of the SOC 2 Type II document.
- Hello - in the Key Business Requirements, Requirement G2 (topic Grants) - The requirement says “ability to automatically generate a budget appropriation for grants based upon a set of user defined rules.” Can you please explain how you define “budget appropriation?”
- Budget appropriations can be defined as a balance representing the full amount of an agreement, or any sub-categorical levels/balances within that agreement we may also wish to track separately.
- Hello - in the Key Business Requirements, Requirement P4 (topic Purchasing) - The requirement says “ability to create and approve a funding memo as part of the purchase requisition, as appropriate.” Can you please provide further detail/an example of what this looks like for you in practice?
- The Children’s Trust (The Trust) uses a funding memo as a precursor to approve a purchase requisition. The funding memo typically is used for funding/grants, that are not required to go through a RFP process and do not require quotes. Information is captured in the funding memo that may otherwise not be captured in the purchase requisition, such as the purpose of the event/request, location of the event, date of the event etc., that may be reported to the Board of The Trust and not be included on an approved purchase order.
- On the Request for Proposals document on the top of page 9, the application/function description indicates “Each invoice (along with the signed statement” is submitted to Core Integrator for processing. All receivables are attached as a pdf (includes the invoice, receipts, and signed credit card statement)….” Does receivables just mean required documentation in this context, or do you have the requirement to create receivable transactions from credit card charges?
- In this context, receivables mean required documentation. The Trust does not have a requirement to create receivable transactions from credit card charges.
- Good afternoon. OnActuate is very interested in responding to RFP-2023-06. However, we are currently responding to several bids and would need a two week extension to be able to respond. In the interest of providing the largest number of competitors, would you consider a two-week extension? Regards, Chris Miyashiro - OnActuate - 727-777-3430 email@example.com
- Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we can not consider a two-week extension.
- Good Morning, A question on the RFP required data... in the 'Agency Information' box, are we selecting the RFP agency of 'The Children's Trust'? If so that is not listed and we'll need your ID.
- Agency Information" refers to the applicant. If applicant is not listed, applicant should enter their name by selecting "Other" from the Agency dropdown list.
- As some systems allow for unlimited users, a key variable driver of pricing may be “Monthly Commercial Transactions.” Monthly Commercial Transactions is defined as the highest volume of any one of the following transaction types: Sales Orders Shipments AR Invoices Customer/Funder Payments Purchase Orders Purchase Receipts AP Bills Vendor Payments Can you please provide an estimate of your highest monthly volume occurring in one of the above transaction types? This will help with pricing.
- The number of processed invoices for the fiscal year 10/1/21 – 9/30/22 is reflected in the table below. Count of Document Type Row Label Invoice Jan 855 Feb 919 Mar 946 Apr 920 May 889 Jun 827 Jul 789 Aug 1,109 Sept 1,178 Oct 550 Nov 965 Dec 811 Grand Total 10,758
- Is your team's preference for a remote or more hybrid implementation project service delivery? Are there any portions of the implementation process your team definitely prefers to be conducted onsite (i.e. training)? Thank you!
- There is no preference as to the implementation project service delivery approach except that the approach taken is effective.
- Do you currently have a Great Plains partner that you would like to continue with? Are you running this RFP internally, or do you have a consulting firm assisting?
- “While The Children’s Trust (The Trust) currently has a Great Plains partner for its Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 accounting software and this partner is eligible to respond to this solicitation, this solicitation is open to all qualified Software as a Service (SaaS) providers/vendors of accounting software.The Trust is running this RFP internally. A consulting firm is assisting with this solicitation in an advisory capacity and is a non-voting member of the review team.”